What scares you the most? Everyone loves to be scared when when watching a spooky horror flick.
Personally, I tend to go for the psychological horror movies, you know the ones that go for the imagination of the viewer rather then the using the visual. However, I am adding a mixture of both in my list.
I added a P for Psychological and a V for visual when referring to the type of movie it is. In some cases, I will add both.
A star rating is added as well star Rating behind the P and the V. One star sort of scary to 4 stars for oh my I need to change my pants.
The movies listed are not in any particular order of favorites. (Yes there are quite a few that are not listed here so feel free to add your own in the comments section)
1. Blair Witch Project (1999) (P) **** (V)***
2. What Lies Beneath (2000) (P) *** (V)**
3. Rosemary’s Baby (1968) (P) **** (***)
4. The Excorist (1973) P V ****
5. Black Sunday (1961) P V (***) (Hard one to find, but worth the watch)
6. Paranormal Activity (2007) PV (****)
7. Psycho (1960) PV ****
8. The Birds (1963) PV ****
9. The Shinning PV***
10. The Silence of the Lambs (P) **** V(**)