Friday the 13th series
It consists of twelve slasher films (subgenre of horror film that usually involves a mysterious psychopathic killer stalking and many people becoming its victims).
The story of the films revolves around Jason Voorhees, the fictional character that was drowned at Camp Crystal Lake as a boy because of the negligence of the staff of the camp. Many years later, the lake is rumored to be “cursed” and is the centre for a series of mass killing. Jason is featured in all the 12 films, portrayed as the killer or the motivation for the killings.
1. Friday the 13th (1980)
2. Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
3. Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
4. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
5. Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (1985)
6. Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
7. Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
8. Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
9. Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
10. Jason X (2002)
11. Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
12. Friday the 13th (2009)
A Nightmare on Elm Street series
This consists of nine slasher films. The films are created by Wes Craven. The story of the films is cantered on Freddy Krueger, the fictional character, who stalks and kills teenagers in their dreams. If Freddy happen to kill any teenager in the dream world then they are actually killed in the real world too. As revenge for burning him alive, he kills teenagers.
1. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge (1985)
3. A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
4. A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)
6. Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
7. Wes Craven’s New Nightmare (1994)
8. Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
Hannibal Lecter film series
Hannibal Lecter, M.D., is a fictional character in a series of horror novels by Thomas Harris, an American author and screen writer.
Lecter was introduced as a brilliant psychiatrist and cannibalistic serial killer in the thriller novel, Red Dragon in 1981. The film, Manhunter is based on Red Dragon, which features Brian Cox as Lecter (Lecktor).
The novel and its sequel, the Silence of the Lambs, feature Lecter as the secondary antagonist after the two serial killers in both novels. Anthony Hopkins portrayed the character in ‘The Silence of the Lambs’, which won him Academy Award.
In the third novel, Hannibal, Lecter becomes the main character. In 2001, Hannibal was adapted to film, with Hopkins reprising his role.
His role as the antihero occurs in the fourth novel, Hannibal Rising, which explores his childhood and development into a serial killer. In late 2006, the script for the film Hannibal Rising was adapted from the novel.
It consists of ten slasher films. The films are based on the fictional character of Michael Myers, who was committed to a sanitarium as a child for the murder of his older sister, Judith Myers. He escapes 15 years later to stalk and kill the people of Haddonfield, Illinois. At the same time, Michael was being chased by his former psychiatrist Dr. Sam Loomis. Michael’s killings occur on the holiday of Halloween. All the ten films primarily take place on the Halloween holiday.
1. Halloween (1978)
2. Halloween II (1981)
3. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
4. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
5. Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989)
6. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
7. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)
8. Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
9. Halloween (2007)
10. Halloween II (2009)