Image by Annafur via Flickr
While I understand that it was the first movie in the series and a background of the story had to be given in order for people to understand what was going on, there are several things about Twilight that really made me angry both in the movie and the book.
- The Vampires sparkled (what was going on there?)
- They just looked like really depressed emo kids
- Since when do vampires play baseball?
- Bella is made to be this perfectly beautiful saint, yet she’s constantly falling or doing something else clumsy, which is basically the only thing that made her not perfect
- Vampires going out into the sunlight? When was this aloud to happen?
- James is in the story for about all of ten minutes. He’s there, they fight, he’s dead…. Oh wow
- Do facial features no longer change? Vampires are supposed to have an “ugly” side once they lure their pray.
- The whole vampire rule book was just thrown right out the bloody window.
Honestly I’m hoping that there is a much better job done on New Moon. I’m not even sure if I’ll be willing to watch it after trying to keep myself awake during Twilight. I was not impressed at all. Really I just wanted to see what all the teenage girls were screaming about. He wasn’t bad looking I guess. Needed a definite eyebrow wax though.