First of all, I am not a hater, quite the opposite actually. I enjoyed the movie as much as any other person out there, but the thing is, I had to turn off the logical part of my mind. Why? Well for starters, the plot has so many holes in it that it should be patched with Mighty Caulk. Yeah, I know, your rolling your eyes right about now. Your probably thinking,” It’s a movie about giant, transforming robots, it’s not supposed to make sense!”. Well, tell that to the million or so fanboys crying their eyes out. To be a hardcore Transformers fan and rational minded person walking into that movie would mean mental suicide. The movie was great in a explosiony, action-packed, giant robot-bashing-each-other way, but when it comes to making a lick of sense, not so much. But in the end you still get your moneys worth, plus you got to see Megan Fox run in slow-mo, so everyone wins. Here are the things I found to be stupid :
- What’s so special about the Fallen that he couldn’t be taken down by all the other Primes? Was he that powerful that other equally powerful Primes couldn’t snuff him out?
- The remaining Primes decided to form a barrier to hide the Matrix of Leadership using their own bodies’…..what the hell! Why couldn’t they just fight the Fallen and play Hot Potato with it to keep it away from him. Now it would’ve been forgiven if the barrier was indestructible or at least super tough, but no, one blast from Bumblebee’s arm cannon bore a hole into it. Way to keep the key to a planet destroyer safe guys!
- Another thing about the Prime barrier, of all the places they could form a metallic cocoon that houses the key, they chose a freakin’ hill side covered by a few boulders. Which for some reason the Fallen couldn’t find despite their super advance alien scanning technology!
- Why do the Decepticons have difficulty finding their targets, despite said advance scanning technology? A mere mud wall kept them from seeing the heroes.
- How is the US government keeping the Autobots a secret?!?! I mean there was a full scale attack on one city on the previous movie, and another chase in China. How the hell did they get the Chinese to keep it on the downlow?
- Not really stupid, but quite silly, when did Optimus Prime take a level in badass? In the first movie, he couldn’t even take on Megatron one-on-one on equal footing. But for some reason in the next film he singlehandedly opens a can of whupass on 3 Decepticons all at the same time, one of them