Netflix is a very good service, but like anything else it has areas that could be improved greatly. Lets start with the pros.
- Rent 1 to 8 dvds out at a time.
- Over 100,000 titles.
- Not very expensive if you watch a lot of movies.
- Over 100 shipping locations to spip your movies to you faster.
- Over 12000 titles to stream to PC and MAC.
- If you have an XBox Live Gold membership you can stream to your XBox.
- Easy to use online interface.
- Great quality on streaming video (depends on your internet connection).
Now for the cons.
- After your free trial, more popular movies will take longer to get to your house.
- Some movies might come unreadable (cracked, chipped, scratched)
- After a few months, I had trouble finding new movies to rent.
- The online streaming sucks, there are not very many good choices to watch, but there are some. At least now it is unlimited streaming on the 2 or more dvd plan.
- A little expensive for what you get.
For me, the pros outweighed the cons for a little bit. When I found RedBox http://www.redbox.com/, I found that most of the movies I was renting were in RedBox for a $1.00 one day rental. They have redboxes at most Mcdonald’s and WalMart locations where I live, and I can get dollar rentals 24/7.
If you find movies to stream, and like having to movies come to your house, Netflix is a pretty good deal for the money. But another good local option for me is RedBox $1.00 Movie rentals. I love them both, but I just dont watch enough movies to justify the price of Netflix.