Did you know that there are types of films that specifically changes or affects our mood? It does really affects our aspects biologically, chemically and it releases hormones that linger in our mind and body after watching any movie. Thus, psychologists now recommend certain types of films as “cinema therapy” to help patient improve their mood.
1. Mitigate your doubts and worries with Romance Films. Watch the movie Gone with the Wind, Casablanca and Shakespeare in Love and be tension-free. The reason is that watching a movie like this releases the anti-anxiety progesterone hormone. Both female and male volunteers in a study shows a 10 percent raise on their calming hormone while watching a romance movie and the effect lasts for up to 2 hours after watching it.
2. Increase your brainpower with Thriller Films. Watch the movie The Departed, Rebecca and Silence of the lambs and your short-term memory will increase based on research. Volunteers who were ask to watch such films scores high on their facial recognition tests than those who watched comedy films. It was proven that slight feeling of doubt and worries sharpens the brain.
3. Strengthen your social interaction with others with Action Films. Watch the movie The Godfather, Gladiator and Braveheart and develop a good and harmonious relationship or partnership with your relatives and friends. Watching action films shows an increase to their passion-boosting testosterone spike by 30%.
4. Fight fever and flu with Comedy Films. Watch the movie Grown Ups, Little Fockers and MR. BEAN and develop a healthy well-being and drives you away from sickness. Researchers found out that watching comedy films and laughing reduces the level of illness causing stress hormones and increases the production of immune system cells. Just like others say that, “Laughter is the best Medicine”.
5. Free yourself from stress with Sad Films. Watch the movie A Walk to Remember, Moulin Rouge and Titanic and let yourself cry for sometimes because crying literally decreases the stress hormone called prolactin. The tears have a built-in mechanism and it flushes away bad things that damage the immune system.