Best Feel Good Movies of The 21st Century
Personally I love films, who doesn’t? We watch films to escape reality for a couple of hours. So if you’ve had a bad day and want to feel better here are my movie suggestions. So grab your blanket, a nice cup of tea and a bowl of popcorn.
10) Hitch – Will Smith, Eva Mendes and Kevin James a combination quaranteed to make you smile. It’s a love story with a twist, when New York City’s greatest matchmaker, dates a tabloid reporter who is writing an article about Hitch (the matchmaker). Only to discover she’s dating him.
9) Along Came Polly – Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston, will undoubtly having you smiling. When Reuben risk-averse, control freak dates childhood friend Polly a free spirit with a love for extreme sports and spicy food.
It’s Complicated – Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin make for an excellent cast in this hiliarious film. This story gives you a new look at divorce, marriage and everything in between. Jane with a thriving bakery, a new love in her life and her divorce behind her, she has her life figured out. Until her ex-husband decides he wants her back, and will stop at nothing to get her back.
7) Bounty Hunter – Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler are suberb in this action packed romantic comedy. When Milo gets his dream job; tracking down his bail-jumping ex-wife, reporter Nicole. But soon Milo is the one being hunted.
6) Knight and Day – Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz star in another action packed romantic comedy. June meets a mysterious stranger on a routine flight, but soon he turns her life upside down and she learns the man of dreams is a fugitive spy, he has thrust her into a dangerous cat-and-mouse chase and June needs to decide if she can trust her knight in shining armour.
5) Devil Wears Prada – Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway star in this fantastic movie. When Andy Sachs lands the job that a million girls would die for, but will it be the end of her? She finds the dream job is full of surprises, dissapointments and challenges.
Cover of The Devil Wears Prada [Blu-ray]
4) Did You Hear About The Morgans? – Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant will have you smiling in this delightful comedy. When two highly successful New Yorkers are at their wits’ ends as they struggle to repair their strained marriage, however whilst out to dinner they become the only witnesses to a brutal muder; the police hide them in Wyoming. These two city-dwellers are forced to survive the fresh air, battle bears and spend time with each other.
3) Life As We Know It – Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel star in this heart felt film. Holly and Messer are complete opposites and all they agree on is how much they dislike each other and their love for their goddaughter Sophie. Suddenly a tragic accident takes Sophies parents from her and Holly and Messer are thrown into parenthood but how will the two cope, when they loathe each other so much?
2) Crazy, Stupid, Love.- Steve Carell, Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling star in this vibrant comedy. When fortysomething Cal’s wife suddenly and unexpectantly asks for a divorce, Cal meets ladykiller Jacob who gives his manhood a makeover. Cal and Jacob discover that being a player without the perfect partner isn’t just crazy and stupid…it’s impossible!
1) Leap Year – Amy Adams and Matthew Goode star in the ultimate feel good movie. When Anna’s four year anniversary with her boyfriend Jeremey passes without a marriage proposal, she decides to take things into her own hands and follow him to Dublin, But has fate got other plans? Bad weather leaves Anna stranded on the other side of Ireland and she is forced to enlist the help of handsome local pub-owner; Declan. The two soon discover that the road to love can take you to very unexpected places.