1. The Snub of All Snubs?! therefore, for all intent and purpose, The Artist is on the right track to become the box office’s least-popular Best image winner of a minimum of the last thirty years. (We’re not counting The Hurt Locker as a result of it absolutely was out of theaters when awards season arrived.) Paying audiences are saying loud and clear they don’t seem to be into the silent movie. They are, however, into Uggie—and, really, who isn’t? The Academy, apparently. Word is that the furry face of the film can neither be on the red carpet nor at the show. maybe we’re all being got wind of for a pleasing surprise, but if not, it is a head-scratcher of a small.
2. The Sacha Baron Cohen Cliffhanger: can he or will not he attend in support of Hugo when being asked to not attend in support of—and dressed as—The Dictator? Cohen deserves a special award of advantage for bringing the suspense back.
3. The Well-Timed look by Chris Rock: With the assistance sparking dialogue over its version of the Civil Rights struggle and therefore the Academy being outed as less various than the Iowa caucus, this would’ve been the proper year for Rock to come as host. a minimum of he’ll be available to gift, and (hopefully) bring the pain. different presenters to observe for: Michael Douglas, who’s returning when his cancer fight; and, Angelina Jolie, who’s Angelina Jolie.
4. the opposite Snub of All Snubs?! therefore, once more this year, there reportedly are no time within the telecast for performances of the initial Song nominees, even supposing this point out there are simply 2 contending tunes. there’ll be time, however, for a “wholly distinctive and exclusive performance” by Cirque du Soleil, the acclaimed circus company that’s not nominated for something and never has been. (If Walter were man and not a Muppet, he would not symbolize this sort of treatment.)
5. The “In Memoriam” Watch: Are the late Elizabeth Taylor, Peter Falk, Cliff Robertson, Jackie Cooper and Jane Russell locks for the Oscars’ annual tribute to its fallen favorites? What regarding Whitney Houston and Ben Gazzara, each of whom died solely weeks before the ceremony? What regarding Jeff Conaway, who did not rate with the Emmys, however did endear himself to Grease fans? Or Bubba Smith, who endeared himself to Police Academy fans? Or Ryan Dunn from the Jackass movies? Or “You light My Life” composer Joseph Brooks, a one-time Oscar winner, who died whereas awaiting trial on multiple sexual-assault charges? And would the cruelest snub of all be an omission for Yvette Vickers, the Attack of the fifty Foot lady star who died alone in her Beverly Hills home and whose remains weren’t found for an additional year?
6. The Meryl Streep Watch: The Iron woman star is on the sting of history, in a very unhealthy manner. If, of course, Streep loses Best Actress to The Help’s Viola Davis, she is going to have suffered her fifteenth defeat and topped her own record for relative futility among nominated actors.
7. The Octavia Spencer Bustline Blowout: With Spencer vowing to gift herself with a post-Oscars breast carry, the ceremony could also be one amongst your last possibilities to look at the most effective Supporting Actress favorite’s chest region before surgeons do their best.
8. The Red Carpet Nun: Expect respectful fashion reviews for Elvis Presley costar Dolores Hart turned the Abbey of Regina Laudis’ own Mother Dolores, the topic of the nominated documentary short “God is greater Than Elvis.”
9. The Auditorium That Shall Not Be Named: Last we tend to saw with our own eyes, the Kodak Theatre was still referred to as the Kodak Theatre. however attributable to Kodak’s fight to induce out of its sponsorship contend with the Oscars’ longtime home, the show are remarked as “being broadcast from the Hollywood & Highland Center,” that is that the name of the shopping precinct where the Kodak Theatre, er, that issue is found.
10. the final word Snub of All Snubs?! ought to The Artist win Best image, white men, sorry, Oscar voters can have disappointed on the subject of everybody else. Most fans, per the polls, are pulling for the assistance.