Okay, here are the basic facts, according to The Daily Telegraph and other online sources:
- Director George Miller will be returning for this fourth film, which should make a lot of fans of the original three movies quite happy. Miller started the whole series of Mad Max films, after all, so he’s likely the best person to take the story in another direction.
- Mel Gibson is not likely to make an appearance. Mel is a bit older now, he’s busy doing his own thing (mainly directing) and his public reputation isn’t quite what it used to be. So, don’t expect to see Mel. But if he should show up, it’ll probably be in a cameo appearance and not as the Max character.
- The working title for the film is Mad Max 4: Fury Road. That could change. You know how Hollywood can be with movie titles. But if the titles stays, it’s pretty cool.
- Who will play Max? That’s not set in stone yet, though there have been some rumors. The Internet Movie Database lists Tom Hardy as a possible star for the film, but Australian Sam Worthington is rumored to have the part of the main character.
- Who else will appear in the film? Charlize Theron is also rumored to be appearing in the movie as a co-star. Can we say “love interest?”
- The film is to be entirely filmed in Australia, which makes sense because that’s where the plots have always taken place and all of the first three movies were shot there. More specifically, the film is to be shot in Sydney and in the Outback.
- Will the movie be animated? What? Where did that come from? Actually, the director had been considering doing the next movie as animated, but has now decided upon a live-action film.
- For those not familiar with the series, here are the original three films: Mad Max (1979), Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior (1981), and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985).
- Where do things stand right now? As of late December 2009, the film is still in pre-production, which means it’s still possible anything could happen. The movie could possibly still not be made. The stars could change. An animated movie might pop back up. Anything. But don’t let that get you down. At least they’re working on the movie. It’s scheduled to be out in 2011. I hope it is.
Post Commentcomments powered by Disqus